Wednesday 31 July 2013

Calendar Cakes

At the eleventh hour I decided to enter the Calendar Cakes  run by Dollybakes and Lauralovescake


This month's challenge is Fruity Bakes.  The banana cake I made yesterday met the challenge, but I thought something with summer fruits would be more appropriate.

I used another recipe from Rachel Allen - Coconut Meringue Roulade, although I didn't have any lemon curd, and used strawberries instead of raspberries.





We found this a bit too sweet and sickly, and the meringue was too soft.  More practice at meringues needed I think. It would be great for a summer barbecue.





1 comment:

  1. Thanks for entering July's Calendar Cakes Challenge... I've now posted the round up... a little delayed as I've been away on holiday. http://tinyurl.com/mftqwcx Thanks again :-)

    ReplyDelete